HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» LIBERUM - AU FAIRY TAIL RP
Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 2:54 pm by Brandish

» Fairy Tail United
Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 8:59 pm by Misty

» One Piece: Pirate Nation
Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 2:04 am by Guest

» Fairy Tail Online RPG!~
Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 4:56 am by ~Remix

» Fairy Tail X: A Non-Canon Fairy Tail RP
Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 4:23 am by Guest

» Character's Magic Roll
Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 7:37 pm by Brandish

» Character's Rank Roll
Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm by Brandish

» Fairy Tail Forever
Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 10:46 am by Olympia

» One Piece - No Man's Story
Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:15 am by Guest

Meet the Staff

Top posting users this week
No user
Affiliation

Limiting Ranks with in Guilds

Go down 
+3
Marrow
Brandish
Alexander Vaan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander Vaan

Alexander Vaan

Jewels : 320055
Character Rank : S-rank
Character Magic : Lightning Demon Slayer
Guild : Sabertooth

Limiting Ranks with in Guilds Empty
PostSubject: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 9:51 am

So we were discussing in the chatbox, seeing new members join and said to ourselves "There are a lot of S-Ranks, especially in SaberTooth." Just with ST, once my character is approved, there will be 3 S-Ranks( Olympia, Alaude, and I). We were thinking of limiting how many of a certain rank can join a certain guild, atleast for now. It just would not fit with what the story would need, with the whole "Face killing magic" ordeal, to have 20 S-Ranks. I would say, personally, 3 S, 5A, 7B, and the rest C,D,E. I would gladly like to hear other's opinions in this matter.
Back to top Go down
Brandish
Admin
Brandish

Jewels : 425192
Character Rank : Z-Rank
Character Magic : Mass Manipulation
Guild : The Sorcerer Magazine

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. However, on the other side, I was thinking that it's a bit unfair for the ones who are limited by this rule since the others rolled as much as they can to grab that S-rank, bet all their lucks.

I would like to hear others' opinion on this thought. You should tell them about this if you meet them in the c-box. I might put this limit tomorrow if it's going to convince me a bit.

It's good also if you can find a way to make the A to S-rank rolls rare or maybe mythical, since the forumotion roll system evenly distribute the probability for one face to appears. It's a bit annoying XD

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion and understanding ^^
Back to top Go down
https://fairytailend.rpg-board.net
Marrow

Marrow

Jewels : 340207
Character Rank : A-rank
Character Magic : Sky Devil Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 6:59 pm

I do recall a method in which you can change the rate of a roll. I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
Marrow

Marrow

Jewels : 340207
Character Magic : Sky Devil Slayer

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 7:04 pm

I remember now, you basically add in more of the same repeating faces. So for divine it would only have one face on the die, but you could have 15 die slots occupied by Lesser magic. And so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 5:57 am

I agree with modifying the dice but not with limiting guild places. It seems incredibly unfair to me that we would turn people away from a guild because they got a lucky roll. I understand that it odd story wise with so many high ranks but I think it would be even stranger for a Guild to turn mages away when they so desperately need members. What's done is done and once the dice have been modified, the ranks will even out, which should solve the problem when it comes to new members. As for the current mages, they should be able to join the guild they want, whether they be E or S or any rank in between.

Just my two cents. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Olympia

Olympia

Jewels : 352261
Character Magic : Arc of Time

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 6:07 am

Modifying the dice for both magic and rank Roll would be ideal. I agree with Ash's comment about limiting the members in a guild is unessesary, however it has gone to the point in which there are many S ranks, not to mention divine and legendary magic users.

I have an idea for changing the dice. Rather than just having the words for the Roll (ie: A class, S class, Advanced, Legendary) why not change the system so that it rolls a 100 faced dice. Each rank of the character or magic can be matched with the numbers. (ie: E rank could be 1-20 or to get a divine magic you must roll 95-100). This system gives each dice roller a fair chance yet limits the amount of OP characters at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Rangoon

Rangoon

Jewels : 322558
Character Magic : Heavenly Body
Guild : Grimoire Heart

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 8:21 am

I completely agree, I mean, I could even agree with alexander. I mean, too many S ranks is true. It would indeed be a bit unfair for the other people, but if you think about it, the ones who already rolled were the first ones to join, so you could call it an opening gift. But if not, at least to make S rank a 3% for example, something very difficult to get. I don't care about magic though, if you get divine, you basically have free will to choose, and in other sites for example, you need no dice for that, and I'm not saying the dice system isn't good, I love it, just don't really care much about that one, only about the high rank issue.
Back to top Go down
Bold Reedsprite

Bold Reedsprite

Jewels : 347610
Character Rank : Z-rank
Character Magic : Arc of Embodiment
Guild : Magic Council

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 8:54 am

I, too, have a suggestion regarding dice in general. The idea has already been said but increasing the amount of a certain roll both increases its chance of being rolled and lowers the chance of all the other rolls. To make things easy, I made a list using Rank as an example;

2 S-sides - 10% Chance
4 A-sides - 20% Chance
6 B-sides - 30% Chance
8 C-sides - 40% Chance
10 D-sides - 50% Chance

Altogether that would be a 20 sided dice. To make things smaller yet just as easy, cut the above number of sides in half (1S, 2A, 3B, 4C, 5D - 15 Total) and you'll have the same number of chances.

On a slightly different note, Secondary Magic spells...can those be literally any single magic you want or do the secondary magic have to be a specific rank depending on what you rolled for your primary? I for one rolled Divine and so could my secondary magic be Divine/lower or would it be Legendary/lower. On the other hand, my other roll was Advanced so would picking a Secondary Magic be based on the other roll? If so, for those that roll only 1 time...etc...

In general...what is the rule for picking a Secondary Magic?
Back to top Go down
Rangoon

Rangoon

Jewels : 322558
Character Magic : Heavenly Body
Guild : Grimoire Heart

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 9:05 am

I have the exact same question about the secondary magic. Also, I don't think 10% chance would be a good number. If you think about it, S rank is a very rare position, were if you get it, you are directly sent to the top. I think you should lower to something like this maybe.

1 S-sides - 5% Chance
2 A-sides - 10% Chance
5 B-sides - 25% Chance
10 C-sides - 50% Chance
12 D-sides - 60% Chance

And even like that, 1 out of each 4 mages start at B rank (I mean, supposedly), and even B rank is a high rank to start in, so I think that would be fair, maybe even lowering B rank or something, but that's only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Aergia ξ

Aergia ξ

Jewels : 342904
Character Magic : Clone Magic
Guild : Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 11:30 am

Fairy Tail takes place in the late B.C. (before christ) era. Around then the Earth had just about 100 million people. 5% of the population having magic is 5,000,000 people.

Just felt like contributing that for reference since I agree with everything that has been said so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limiting Ranks with in Guilds   Limiting Ranks with in Guilds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limiting Ranks with in Guilds
Page 1 of 1